A self-correcting toy, Peg and Add, forms the perfect link between numerals, object counting and addition. Children can add numbers between 0 and 10 using pegs and no matter what combinations they try, they will always find the right answer. It also helps them read addition problems in an equation format. Using pegs makes the abstract arithmetic procedure of addition very concrete, making children enjoy it as they soak it in completely.
Counting is the fundamental building block of arithmetic. Using pegs to count and add involves application of fine motor skills which automatically ensures greater accuracy and stronger reinforcement of quantity. Memory Games such as bringing back the pegs for a particular number strengthen children's memory for numbers which is critical for all mental arithmetic operations. The actions of picking, placing and removing pegs improves pencil grip and hence writing skills.
- Set includes a wooden board with 3 circular sections, a wooden box with partitions, 10 blue pegs, 10 red pegs, number tiles from 0 to 10 in red and blue, number tiles from 0 to 20 in black and 10 red and 10 blue fractional decagon bases each representing a numeral from 0 to 9
- The child uses the number tiles to form the addition problem, decagonal pieces to cover the holes and the pegs to represent the quantities being added
- The toy is a pure addition toy combined with enough motor skills to interest the child it is highly self correcting and allows the child to learn addition independently
- The child can also do variations of tables of 10 using complementary pairing
- Comes packed in a box with a detailed instruction manual on how to use the toy painted and finished beautifully with child friendly paints
Age Group: 3-4 Years
Product Dimensions: 42 X 17 X 7 (H X L X W)
- Number of Components: 85
- Set includes a long wooden base with 3 circle sections, 10 red pegs, 10 blue pegs, number tiles from 0 to 10 in red and blue, number tiles from 0 to 20 in black, 10 red and 10 blue fractional decagon bases each representing a numeral from 0 to 9, a wooden box with partitions to hold the pegs, tiles and cards
Safety Warning: Small Parts Inside: Not for Children below 3 years. Strangulation Hazard - Long Cord not suitable for children below 18 months